Monday, March 30, 2020

Melancholia

Sarvam Sree Krishnaarpanam Astu

Melancholia:

Life was going on normally.
Nothing to ponder as an anomaly.
No achievement to be celebrated as success.
No failure to be brooded over or obsess.
Yet the heaviness of the heart increments,
Without any apparent predicaments.
What is this paradise that I seek to reach?
What is this fortress that I seek to breach?
None seem to come to my petty mind;
No real defeat to put far behind.
Apathy and Sadness, art thou siblings?
Bound together by invisible strings?
For together, in my heart, you linger,
With no reason to be deemed your bringer.
Moods are known for their nature to swing.
What tune do they really want me to sing?
Have my heart and mind turned into a single burrow?
To store and hoard, cauldrons worth of sorrow?
Day and night, it remains, this melancholy;
Any takers to exchange them in monopoly?

- A. Prashanth Narasimhan (Sri Vishnu Dasan)

No comments:

Post a Comment