Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Unveiled!


 Sarvam Sree Krishnaarpanam Astu


Unveiled!



“I shall not accept it! I shall not wear it to please the world!”

“Do not make me comply, to satisfy the minds of those uncontrolled!”

That used to be the cry, in lands where the real “you” was a threat!

Hide it all…suppress it…bottle it…like a djinn in an old trinket for a casket.

To those lands, these many fingers pointed! Like the petals of a mutated lotus…  

“See their primitive nature! See how ancient their ways…see how primordial their laws!”

“Cast it aside! Wear it not! Be like those around you! Reveal thyself!”

“Show you have nothing to hide! Follow the rules of this more ancient land," they said!

Primitive their ways, yes! Primeval their methods, yes!

Alas, tis not the law to wear it that is primitive and backward! Nay! Not just that!

The mere act of making me do something that I don’t really want to!

That is backward! Barbaric! Primitive! Uncouth! Sadistic!

I shall wear it! I shall not wear it! The smile is mine to wear…Mine to hide.

A society that forces a smile and that suppresses it are the fingers behind the two jaws of the same puppet!

-SriVishnudaasan


No comments:

Post a Comment